The oldest jewellery house in America, Black, Starr & Frost was founded as Marquand & Paulding in Savannah, Georgia in 1801. In 1810, Isaac Marquand moved to NewYork, consolidating the company with several other firms.They were one of the few American retailers who displayed at the 1851 London Crystal Palace Exposition. In 1876, Cortlandt Starr and Aaron V. Frost joined as partners and the name changed to Black, Starr & Frost. For the 1939 New York World's Fair, they contributed large sculptural jewellery based on the bold designs of the period.
LOT 1206 , SALE 2390
LOT 615 , SALE 5962
MOST PIECES WITH MARK OF BLACK, STARR AND...
LOT 36 , SALE 7970
LOT 25 , SALE 2287
MARK OF BLACK, STARR AND FROST, NEW YORK,...
LOT 334 , SALE 3446
MARK OF BLACK, STARR & GORHAM, MID 20TH...
LOT 337 , SALE 3446
MARK OF BLACK, STARR & FROST, LATE...
LOT 339 , SALE 3446
MARK OF BLACK STARR, & FROST, LATE...