Chantecler was founded in Capri by Pietro Capuano, son of a Napolitan jeweller, and Salvatore Aprea, a native of Capri, in 1947. The initial shop was located on the via Camerelle. As they came of age, Aprea's three children entered into the business. Upon Salvatore's untimely death in 1994, Gabriele Aprea, aided by his wife Teresa, and his younger sisters Maria Elena and Costanza, resumed control of the firm. The family has two boutiques in Capri, one in the Italian ski resort, Cortina, and one in Milan at the Hotel Principe di Savoia. In the United States, their jewels are available exclusively at Le Vieux Saint Honoré in New York.
LOT 98 , SALE 2836
$60,000 - $80,000