Charlton & Co. Learn about CHARLTON & CO. artist,their past and upcoming works offered at auction at Christie's

John W. Charlton was involved with several firms before opening his own company in 1909 at 298 Fifth Avenue, originally known as J. W. Charlton. With the addition of a partner, Robert S. Chapin, the name was changed to Charlton & Co. which was relocated uptown to 634 Fifth Avenue. Upon Charlton's retirement in 1919, his partners, James Todd and Grant A. Peacock took over the business, carrying on his tradition of offering fine jewellery. In the late 1920s, they opened branches in Palm Beach, Florida, and in Paris on the fashionable rue de la Paix. Branch stores were closed during the 1930s and in 1943 Peacock acquired ownership of Charlton & Co., renaming the firm Grant A. Peacock. The firm is currently located at 450 Park Avenue, an is headed by his granddaughter, Kathleen Peacock.

Upcoming lots by this artist

No upcoming lots were found for Charlton & Co..

close