Gallopin Learn about GALLOPIN artist,their past and upcoming works offered at auction at Christie's

Gallopin was founded in 1819 in Geneva as a watchmaking firm. Established by Henry Capt, it was soon taken over by Louis Gallopin who ran the firm with his son Edouard. In 1900, due to the detrimental effects of the Industrial Revolution on the watch market, they opened a jewellery atelier. In 1980, the firm transferred to 90, rue du Rhône so that their original building could undergo restoration. The firm was then reopened in 1983 at 17, rue du Rhône, the original premises, as D. Gallopin & Cie. under the direction of Daniel Gallopin. In 1998, they relocated to 31 Quai des Bergues. The firm continues to be in family hands with its newest members Benoit and Valérie.

Upcoming lots by this artist

No upcoming lots were found for Gallopin.

close